For your convenience, here’s a script walk-through of the video above on how to properly format your CWDash setup wizard.
Select On-Prem or Hosted
Select from two options namely: ConnectWise onPrem or ConnectWise Cloud. Select the one that is true in your case.
If your ConnectWise is on Premises, click ConnectWise OnPrem to set up.
- The next question is in the Datacenter of your local network or on the local network itself.
- If it’s on the local network, you select it and it will find it. Depending on how you have your ConnectWise setup, you might be using SQL level connection or Windows level.
- On the other hand, if it’s in the Datacenter or in a private cloud, which is very common now, simply type in the URL.
If you are ConnectWise hosted or In-the-Cloud, you need a product that is called Cloud Data Access. You have to call your account manager at ConnectWise to get this product.
- If you have it, click “Yes” and input the data required.
- If you don’t have it, click “No” and there is a set of instructions on how you can get it.
Instructions: In order to access ConnectWise cloud SQL Server, you must have Cloud Data Access. Acquiring Cloud Data Access will allow you to use our CWDash product.
Please contact your Connectwise account manager for more information ConnectWise.com/AccountManager or call phone #: 813-463-4700.
Cloud Data Access is an excellent product that allows you direct access to the SQL Server, allows you to back up your data, and create reports. So, it is highly recommended for you to have it.
Contact your ConnectWise Account manager to get this product or find out if you already have it.
ConnectWise Sku: SFDC SKU = MNG-LIC-SAASCLDDTACC
Pricing Tiers, based on users:
- 1-10 users – $49/month/account
- 11-50 users – $99/month/account
- 50+ users = $149/month/account
If you want to connect using ConnectWise API, you must create a Public and Private Key.
To Create the Public and Private Key, click here
In ConnectWise Manage:
- In Manage: Navigate to System>Members>API Members tab.
- Select the + icon to create an API Member or select an existing API Member.
- Open the Member profile> select the API Keys tab once the API Member is created (or the existing Member is selected), open the Member profile>select the API Keys tab.
- Select the + icon to generate the API Keys.
- Copy/paste the Public and Private Key to a separate, secure file.
- Copy/paste the API Keys in CWDash Setup.
Enter Site, Company ID, Username, and PW:
- Use ConnectWise Manage credentials
Are you using ConnectWise Single Sign On (SSO)? To get your site URL: Open Manage > System > My Company > Scroll to Miscellaneous Options > “Site URL for Manage”